Ubiquinol vs CoQ10
If over 40 Ubiquinol is Better Than CoQ10
If you’re over 40 Ubiquinol is better for you than CoQ10 because it assimilates easier into the body – therefore it is more bioavailable. Infact some sources say CoQ10 does not work at all if you are over 40 and that if you are 25 and older then ubiquinol is better for you than CoQ10.
Looking at the above diagram it is easy to see why. To reap the benefits of CoQ10 your body needs to convert CoQ10 into ubiquinol so as be absorbed into your body.
CoQ10 and therefore ubiquinol help to energise the body for it is used for energy production by every cell, and is essential for good health, high-energy levels, longevity, general quality of life and fertility.
Both CoQ10 and ubiquinol are naturally occurring in your body, carried naturally around the body in the blood. It boosts Vitamin C and reduces LDL (the bad cholesterol).
What Depletes Ubiquinol?
Three factors which contribute to the depletion of naturally occurring ubiquinol in your body:
- Metabolic demand
- Oxidative stress
- Living a standard western lifestyle: high stress, poor stress management, toxic exposure and being under nourished – not eating enough nutrients on a daily basis
How to Keep Your Eggs Healthy
Anything keeping you youthful can also improve egg quality
It is true! Anything keeping you youthful can also improve egg quality.
- Healthy organic food
- Foods rich in antioxidants
- Foods from marine organisms
- A fertile mind-set: Living a fertile lifestyle (read more here)
CoQ10/Ubiquinol Can Turn Back the Biological Clock
According to Ivy Eff who writes for the organisation IVF Success Rates:
“In the case of egg cells, mitochondria is their only source of energy. As we age, our mitochondria slow down — essentially running out of gas. Imagining the enormous changes a fertilized egg must go through to become a healthy embryo, it’s no surprise that egg cells have 200 times more mitochondria than other cells and that they require tremendous energy.
As follicles get recruited (as many as 5 months before they’re actually ovulated), the mitochondrial DNA increases from 6000 copies to 200,000 copies. In the course of this, they are vulnerable to mutations and deletions which can result in chromosomally abnormal (aneuploid) eggs/embryos. Chromosomal abnormalities can cause failed implantation, chemical pregnancies, miscarriage, and babies with conditions like Down Syndrome. This is all much more likely when the “engine” of the egg cells are old and/or low on energy.”
CoQ10 and Ubiquinol For IVF Success
According to Ivy Eff it is recommended to take more than 600mg as your daily dosage of ubiquinol to improve egg quality which plays a significant role in IVF success. Best taken with a meal or with some sort of fat for better absorption for at least 3 – 6 months.
What to Buy – CoQ10 or Ubiquinol for Fertility?
We all know fertility treatments add up. As you require about half the dosage of ubiquinol it is better value to buy ubiquinol. Also, if you are over 25 you are better off taking ubiquinol. If you are over 40 there is no point taking CoQ10.
- YouTube Video:
Other Topics Worth Reading:
- DHEA and CoQ10 The Treatment Hailed “Everyone Should be Doing For Fertility” – Read more
- Get Your Confidence Back: Regain Confidence for Pregnancy Success – Read more
- Fertility Depression Quiz – Am I Depressed Trying to Conceive? – Read here
- Detoxifying for Fertility – Read here
- Natural Fertility Treatments – What Really Works – Read here
- Keeping on The Positive Path, Despite Setbacks – Read here
- Meditation, Mindfulness and Relaxation for Fertility – Read here
- Balancing Hormones for Fertility: Balance Menstrual Cycles Too – Read more
About the author:
Fiona Boulton is a Fertility Specialist
(An expert in her field since 2007) and leader in Fertility Mind Mastery, Fertility Meditation, Fertility Yoga and Fertility Coaching –
helping people take back control of their fertility, faster.
Fiona is the founder of Awakening Fertility – Harley Street (Harley Street Fertility Clinic), London; Concept Fertility Putney; Chichester, West Sussex and Perth, Australia
- Huffington Post Fertility Writer
- Fertility Coach
- Fertility Support Group Co-ordinator for Harley Street Fertility Clinic and Infertility Network UK
- Nutrition Counsellor
- Public Speaker
- QiYoga® Founder
- Fertility Yoga Teacher Trainer (RYS 200)
- Fertile Lifestyle Motivator
- Fertility Support Group Facilitator
- Fertility Practitioner Training Co-ordinator
Through Fiona’s “transformation guaranteed” Fertile Lifestyle courses, Fiona helps navigate major transitions to detox your mind and body to help you effectively ‘think yourself fertile’; to change the map your mind has of your body and therefore change your physiology by clearing mental and emotional blockages to having your baby. Fiona’s work focuses on you taking back control by changing the internal and external environment of your cells so you can improve chances of fertility success.
Book your fertility consultation from the comfort of your home or come to the Harley Street Fertility Clinic for a transformative session with Awakening Fertility founder Fiona Boulton, here.