What’s the best breakfast to eat when trying to conceive?
Nowadays the internet is jam-packed with recipes… (Excuse the pun)!
But which ones are good for fertility when you are trying to conceive?
When we first wake, our body thrives on raw food, which is why I’m an advocate of lemon water (to activate the digestive system) then a smoothie.
However, sometimes it is nice to consume something warmer in the winter – like porridge or something cooked.
Read below for your guide to eat yourself fertile with these breakfast options
Morning Lemon Detox Drink
Raw Smoothies and their benefits
For extra inspiration, get the recipes to make the following:
- Almond Milk
- Bondi Beach Green Smoothie
- Cacau Hemp Shake
- Green Smoothie: Absolute!
- Maca Majestic Smoothie
- Mango Lassi
- Mint Carob Kefir (Raw)
- Naked Julius
- Totally Green Smoothie
- Vanilla Spiced Smoothie
- Warming Berry Ginger Green Smoothie
All these drink recipes are available in my Fertility Recipes ebook – including lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts in around 180 pages.
These additional cooked and raw options are available too:
Cooked Breakfast Ideas for Fertility
- Quinoa Porridge
- 5 Seed Porridge
Raw Breakfast Ideas for Fertility
- Home-made Coconut Yoghurt
- Fresh Fertility Fruit Salad
- Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes
- Soaked Muesli with Vegan Yoghurt or sheep/goat full cream yoghurt
- Sprouted Porridge (safe for candida sufferers)
- Steel Cut Oat Porridge (not good for candida sufferers)
Get your copy for just £9.99, here
Want to buy pre-made fertility superfood cereals?
I personally recommend:
Primrose’s Kitchen’s granolas and muesli – http://primroseskitchen.com/shop
Qnola – http://www.qnola.co.uk/store/
Remember – you need protein for fertility
Getting the right balance of protein, greens and fibre will make a huge difference to your fertility.
Like a fry-up?
Enjoy it on a bed of organic spinach – raw or cooked, topped with two eggs (fried in raw, virgin, organic coconut oil from a jar) and sprinkled with tamari baked pumpkin seeds (available from health food stores, by ClearSpring). Drizzle your dish with Greek organic virgin cold pressed olive oil and sea-salt or celtic salt or herbamare for extra flavour.
Fertility Breakfast for Men
Add a glass of tomato juice (organic, room temp) because the lycopene in tomatoes works wonders to improve sperm health.
Other Topics Worth Reading:
- The Dirty Dozen Fruits and Vegetables to Avoid – Read here
- Superfoods for Fertility – How Superfoods Benefit Fertility – Read here
- Food to Create Super Sperm – Read here
About the author:
Fiona Boulton is a Fertility Specialist
(An expert in her field since 2007) and leader in Fertility Mind Mastery, Fertility Meditation, Fertility Yoga and Fertility Coaching –
helping people take back control of their fertility, faster.
Fiona is the founder of Awakening Fertility – Harley Street (Harley Street Fertility Clinic), London; Concept Fertility Putney; Chichester, West Sussex and Perth, Australia
- Huffington Post Fertility Writer
- Fertility Coach
- Fertility Support Group Co-ordinator for Harley Street Fertility Clinic and Infertility Network UK
- Nutrition Counsellor
- Public Speaker
- QiYoga® Founder
- Fertility Yoga Teacher Trainer (RYS 200)
- Fertile Lifestyle Motivator
- Fertility Support Group Facilitator
- Fertility Practitioner Training Co-ordinator
Through Fiona’s “transformation guaranteed” Fertile Lifestyle courses, Fiona helps navigate major transitions to detox your mind and body to help you effectively ‘think yourself fertile’; to change the map your mind has of your body and therefore change your physiology by clearing mental and emotional blockages to having your baby. Fiona’s work focuses on you taking back control by changing the internal and external environment of your cells so you can improve chances of fertility success.
Book your fertility consultation from the comfort of your home or come to the Harley Street Fertility Clinic for a transformative session with Awakening Fertility founder Fiona Boulton, here.