SuperFoods for Fertility
How Superfoods Benefit Fertility
This article will give you an overview of SuperFoods for fertility. If you still have questions please pop them in the comment box below.
We are what we eat – but did you know food has a direct influence on genes?
When trying to eat yourself fertile there are foods that can help improve your chances of conception… And then there are superfoods that can take your nutrient enriched diet to a whole new level.
I am not just talking about bananas, rasberries, avocados etc. but real superfoods in the form of powders that have been consumed for centuries by ancient tribes for their healing, medicinal benefits.
Eating ancient superfoods can boost fertility and reduce infertility problems
How do you consume SuperFood powders?
The best way to add SuperFoods to your diet is to add them to your smoothies. To maximise the nutrients don’t blend your SuperFoods into your smoothie until you have already made your smoothie. Blend them separately at the end – if you have time!
Whether you have heard of Maca, Spirulina or Chlorella, let’s delve a little deeper into the world of Superfoods.
Is Maca good for fertility?
Maca is a root that tastes a bit like malt from the highlands of Peru. It is available in powder form and linked to helping to heal:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Fatigue (extreme tiredness)
- Fertility – by balancing hormones
- Memory and more!
The best way to take Maca is with Lucuma. For every teaspoon of Maca take 1/4 teaspoon Lucuma for maximum absorption. Best not to take it once your hormones have balanced or it can put them out again.
Is Spirulina good for fertility?
Spirulina is a blue-green algae that has been linked to improving health, fertility, pregnancy, energy and wellbeing. However it is a cool, damp food so not to be eaten all year round – read more below. It is best eaten in warmer months only.
Better blue-green algaes include “Klamath Blue Green Algae” and “Marine Phyotplankton.” They are far superior in nutritional content than spirulina and don’t have the sharp energy spike of Spirulina either. They also have electrolytes, magnesium and B vitamins so you won’t need vitamin and mineral supplements when taking these. They also help combat depression, Spirulina does not.
Is Chlorella good for fertility?
Chlorella has been processed to make it an easily digestible algae which is not as rich in nutrients as algae from the blue-green family. Chlorella has an indigestible cell wall, meaning it needs to be processed before humans can consume it. It is mainly grown in Japan and Taiwan which is not the cleanest part of the world to cultivate crops. This is why I only recommend Powerfully Pure brand Chlorella. According to Web MD “Be aware that chlorella properties differ depending on how it was grown and processed. Investigators have found dried chlorella can contain a range of 7% – 88% protein, 6% – 38% carbohydrate, and 7% – 75% fat.”
Chlorella is beneficial for your health with its array of vitamins and minerals but it is not as abundant in nutrients as Klamath Blue-gree Algae or Marine Phytoplankton. I recommend it whenever travelling on a plane because it can help remove radiation from the body.
It is not a question of whether Maca, Spirulina, Chlorella, Klamath Blue-green algae or Marine Phytoplankton is good for fertility
– it is a question whether they are good for you
The only way to know is to “body test” it.
Ancient SuperFoods for Fertility
At Awakening Fertility we only stock 100% Certified Organic, no fillers or binders, just pure ingredients so that what you buy is what you get.
However, we will only sell superfoods to you if your body says it needs it.
Once you learn how to listen to your body and read the signs with your innate wisdom you can go to a health food store and see for yourself if your body can benefit from the foods you are testing. As the saying goes, no one knows your body better than you, you just need to learn how to activate your intuition so you understand how to listen to it.
SuperFood Combos to Help Create Faster Fertility Success
Organic Klamath Blue Green Algae 130 Vegan Caps 500mg – Convenient for travelling or when eating on the go £45.00
Powerfully Pure Marine Phytoplankton – For a Maximum Energy Boost via a Complete Food Source with 18 essential amino acids, B vitamins, a detoxifer and rich with magnesium as well as being a great source of folate £36.00
Klamath Blue Green Algae for fertility
A potent source of algae that gives you a slow release of energy. It is used to keep depression at bay and to mop up heavy metal toxicity from the body.
- One of the only vegetarian sources of vitamin B12, providing 133% of the RDA.
- Highest beta-carotene content per gram of any food – a provitamin that boosts the immune system and scavenges free radicals that can cause oxidative damage in the body.
- Richest known source of chlorophyll to help with cell regeneration, blood purification and detoxification.
- Contains 60% high quality protein
- Klamath Blue Green Algae is a clean product due to this brand’s unique harvesting using a filtering process that removes any potential toxins. The product is fully tested using the latest analysis methods (LC-MS/MS). It is also BMAA free.
Ingredients: Freeze dried Klamath Blue Green Algae in a vegan capsule
130 vegan capsules – £43.50
Marine Phytoplankton for fertility
Powerfully Pure Premium grade full spectrum multi-vitamin with omega 3
This a superior and cleaner source than fish oil.
This is a 100% natural product meaning your body can absorb all these nutrients (unlike common synthetic multi-vitamins for fertility)
This fertility multi-viatmin will give you instant energy in the form of all the electrolytes to keep you hydrated you need, as well as:
- 18 amino acids
- Fatty acids (omega 3)
- Hydroxy carotenoids
- Vit C
- Vit E
- Vit B1, B2, B6, B8, B9 and B12
Ingredients: 100% organic Marine Phytoplankton in a vegan capsule
130 vegan capsules – £36.00
Shine SuperFoods for fertility
Shine is a blend of Super-fruits containing potent levels of natural, bio-available Vitamin C. This means the body can absorb the Vitamin C.
Nowadays most Vitamin C on the market and in health food stores is synthetic (made in a laboratory) and not always able to be used by the body
Natural Vitamin C from real food such as Shine helps to fight off infection and keeps immune system strong. This blend helps to thicken and elasticise this lining of your uterus too. It helps the body’s absorption of vitamins and minerals as well as MSM.
Ingredients: Wild Kakadu Plum (Gubinge), Organic Camu Camu Berry, Organic Rose Hips, Organic Lemon (Whole Fruit), Organic Amla Berry, Organic Black Pepper Extract.
150g – £59.90
MSM for fertility – for ovarian cysts, fibroids, endometriosis
This pure, organic, 100% natural MSM is edible sulphur to help strip the body of calcification build up.
Powerfully Pure brand MSM for fertility
- MSM helps you become soft and juicy on the inside – eg activates your vaginal secretions, ideal for over 35 when you may notice you are not as lubricated as you used to be
- MSM helps improve your egg health
- MSM helps your womb lining to become more elastic and therefore improving chances of transplantation success
- MSM helps your menstrual cycle to regulate and/or re-appear
- Due to the fact that toxins need sulphur to remove waste products from the body, it helps with detoxification.
- Sulphur helps you shift unwanted water by helping remove excess fluid build-up on a cellular level.
- MSM helps relieve the body from inflammation
- MSM naturally increases energy
- MSM helps cells to heal and rejuvenate at a faster pace: helping you to look and feel younger
- MSM increases absorption of nutrients
- MSM strengthens nails
- MSM strengthens hair
- MSM is a ‘beauty mineral’ that produces collagen and keratin
- MSM detoxifies on a cellular level
- MSM de-calcifies the body from the ‘bad-calcium’
- MSM improves joint flexibility
Not all MSM is made equally
As mentioned above, you can easily find MSM on lots of health food store shelves, but did you know most are created chemically in a lab? I have sourced what I believe to be the world’s purest source of MSM (Organic Sulphur) from pine trees. The ingredients speak for themselves.
99.7% Pure Sulphur (from pine lignans sourced from marine pine trees)
No fillers, binders, anti-caking agents
To maximise absorption have with natural Vitamin C (such as Shine or Glow)
500g – £67.00
If you are serious about doing an MSM cleanse and eating for fertility then our 185 page Fertility Recipe ebook (that’s ON SALE NOW) would be worth investing in.
About the author:
Fiona Boulton is a Fertility Activator and Fertility Healer.
(An expert in her field of fertility since 2007) and has one of the highest success rates: 80% of all clients have their happy, healthy baby.
Fiona is the founder of Awakening Fertility – Harley Street (Harley Street Fertility Clinic), London; Concept Fertility Putney; Chichester, West Sussex and Perth, Australia
- Huffington Post Fertility Writer
- Fertility Coach
- Fertility Support Group Co-ordinator for Harley Street Fertility Clinic and Infertility Network UK
- Nutrition Counsellor
- Public Speaker
- QiYoga® Founder
- Fertility Yoga Teacher Trainer (RYS 200)
- Fertile Lifestyle Motivator
- Fertility Support Group Facilitator
- Fertility Practitioner Training Co-ordinator
Through Fiona’s “transformation guaranteed” Fertile Lifestyle courses, Fiona helps navigate major transitions to detox your mind and body to help you effectively ‘think yourself fertile’; to change the map your mind has of your body and therefore change your physiology by clearing mental and emotional blockages to having your baby. Fiona’s work focuses on you taking back control by changing the internal and external environment of your cells so you can improve chances of fertility success.
Book your fertility consultation from the comfort of your home or come to the Harley Street Fertility Clinic for a transformative session with Awakening Fertility founder Fiona Boulton, here.