Chia Pudding – Perfect Energy Food for Fertility
For lots of other inspiration, I recommend The Awakening The Awakening Fertility Recipe Book with over 100 quick and easy recipes covering breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts, smoothies and even cleanses!
Why Chia is so good for fertility
Chia seeds provide a huge amount of nutrients with minimal calories
Chia, a modern day superfood is the ancient Mayan word meaning strength. Chia seeds were an important food for the Aztecs and Mayans, they are small black seeds from the Salvia Hispanica plant (from the mint family but it does not taste like mint).
Don’t be fooled by the size… these tiny seeds pack a powerful nutritional punch (in just 137 calories per 28 gram serving).
A 28 gram serving of chia seeds contain:
- 11 grams of fibre
- 4 grams of protein
- 9 grams of good fat (5 are Omega-3s).
- 18% of the RDA of calcium
- 30% of the RDA of manganese
- 30% of the RDA of magnesium
- 27% of the RDA of phosphorus
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2
This makes chia one of the world’s best sources of several important nutrients!
To top things off, chia seeds are a “whole grain” food, are usually grown organically, are non-GMO and naturally gluten free.
Benefits of Chia Seeds for Fertility
- Loaded With Antioxidants
- High in Fibre
- High in Quality Protein – excellent for vegans
- High Fiber and Protein Content, (means Chia Seeds maybe help with weight loss)
- High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids (but not to be the only source of omega-3 in your diet)
- High in Many Important Bone Nutrients
Chia Seeds Can Improve Exercise Performance as Much as a Sports Drink (due to high energy given and the magnesium content!)
Other Topics Worth Reading:
About the author:
Fiona Boulton a Fertility Expert (since 2007) is a leader in helping women and couples achieve faster fertility success. Fiona is a fertility activator and fertility healer with one of the highest success rates world wide. Fiona can help you live a fun fertile lifestyle that gets results.
Helping you take back control of your fertility, faster.
Fiona is the founder of Awakening Fertility – Harley Street (Harley Street Fertility Clinic), South West London, Putney; Chichester, West Sussex and Perth, Australia
- Huffington Post Fertility Writer
- Fertility Coach
- Fertility Support Group Co-ordinator for Harley Street Fertility Clinic and Infertility Network UK
- Nutrition Counsellor
- Public Speaker
- QiYoga® Founder
- Fertility Yoga Teacher Trainer (RYS 200)
- Fertile Lifestyle Motivator
- Fertility Support Group Facilitator
- Fertility Practitioner Training Co-ordinator
Through Fiona’s “transformation guaranteed” Fertile Lifestyle courses, Fiona helps navigate major transitions to detox your mind and body to help you effectively ‘think yourself fertile’; to change the map your mind has of your body and therefore change your physiology by clearing mental and emotional blockages to having your baby. Fiona’s work focuses on you taking back control by changing the internal and external environment of your cells so you can improve chances of fertility success.
Book your fertility consultation from the comfort of your home or come to the Harley Street Fertility Clinic for a transformative session with Awakening Fertility founder Fiona Boulton, here.