Learn Meditation for Fertility
When trying to get pregnant we often find ourselves venturing into things we would have never dreamed of… But most of these things are ways in which we can live a happier, healthier life. These things can also give us a greater perspective on life.
What greater perspective can we get than when we allow ourselves to experience meditation – Fiona Boulton
What is mindfulness? How is it different to relaxation?
Relaxation is a method or technique used to relax your mind and body
Although it feels relaxing, things such as drinking alcohol, watching TV, playing video games, going to the cinema etc. are not forms that put your mind and body in a relaxed state.
Relaxation includes (but is not limited to) things such as breathing techniques to help you relax, listening to relaxing music whilst sitting or lying, etc. Basically relaxation is the pre-curser to meditation and shares similar techniques with Mindfulness Training.
>> Scroll to the bottom of this page for two instructional mindfulness videos to help fertility<<
What is Mindfulness?
To quote one of the world’s most famous Mindfulness teachers, Buddhist Monk Thich Nhat Hanh
“Mindfulness is the energy of being aware and awake to the present moment”… Being present is the most powerful place to be.
What is Meditation for fertility?
- How do you meditate to fall pregnant?
- How do you meditate to boost fertility?
These may seem like big questions but did you know you can “Think Yourself Fertile”?
Meditation helps you to train your mind to be still, to be focused on a single point and in doing so it puts your body in healing mode. This is how meditation can help you to fall pregnant.
There are various types of meditation:
- Guided meditations – see here
- Psychic sleep meditations – see here
- Candle Gazing meditations – see here
- 20 minute silent mantra meditations – read below
Guide Points For Deep Silent Mantra Meditation
- The number one rule is to be comfortable with your back supported. All meditation except Yoga Nidra needs to be done seated. Ideally sit cross-legged with something supporting the back of your head so you don’t let it tilt backwards or forwards. No need to sit erect (with tense muscles used to support you) allow cushions and pillows to pad your back.
- The best time to meditate is in the morning before breakfast (ideally dawn) followed by in the afternoon before dinner (dusk). Regularity of time, place and practice are important.
- Create a meditation space, a sacred space. Try to have a separate room for meditation. Every time you go to meditate the powerful vibrations will increase, creating an atmosphere of peace and purity when you enter your meditation space.
- When sitting, face North or East in order to take advantage of the earth’s magnetic vibrations.
- Before beginning your meditation, bring yourself into the here and now moment. To do so you will need to get grounded.
- You can ground yourself with these QiYoga exercises if you are having trouble keeping your mind still, here.
- You can also bring your awareness to your sitting bones grounded to the earth by (imagining you are) sitting on the earth. Feel your connection deepen to Mother Earth as you visualise her core connecting to your core and vice verser.
- Feel the breath pumping gently at your abdomen and imagine a bubble of protection around you. The energy starts at your core and emanates two metres in front of your abdomen; from your core out through your crown and two meters above you; then from your core two meters out behind you; and finally from your core (your seed centre) to the seed centre of Mother Earth. Connect these end points and see yourself in a bubble of protection.
- Consciously regulate the breath. Some days this may mean five minutes of deep abdominal breathing to bring oxygen to the brain – depending on how distracted your mind is when you first sit down to relax before meditating.
- Keep your beginning breaths rhythmic, inhale for seven slow seconds and exhale for seven. Regulation of breath also regulates the flow of vital life force energy. (See Mindfulness breathing videos above)
- Allow the mind to wander at first. Simply observe where your mind is going and DISCONNECT from the attachments by stating “I disconnect” and visualise you are cutting the cords.
- Feel yourself sinking deeper and deeper into a relaxed state with a Rotational Awareness of Consciousness – simply bring your awareness to all areas of our body and relax your body one section at a time.
- Don’t force the mind to be still, instead use your Mantra to still your mind. Simply repeat it mentally. If you don’t have a personalised Mantra, use Quan Yin (name of the Goddess of Fertility) or Gaia (Mother Earth).
- Although mental repetition is stronger, the Mantra may be repeated aloud if you become drowsy.
- Never change the Mantra during your meditation.
- Repetition will keep your thoughts at bay. When you realise you are thinking repeat your Mantra; when you realise you are repeating your Mantra let it go and sink into a state of nothingness, of peace, of bliss.
- If your eyes ping open during your meditation, look at an analogue clock face at eye level in front of you and train yourself to hold your meditation for 20 minutes by instructing your body to open your eyes when the big hand reaches the number that signifies 20 minutes has passed.
- NEVER SET AN ALARM
Fertility Meditation Tips and Courses
Want to join our meditation courses for fertility?
We run live recorded online meditation classes or come join our South West London group 7:30pm – 8:15pm
January – 11th, 18th and 25th
February – 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd
March – 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd
April – 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th
May – 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th
June – 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th
July – 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th
August – 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd
September – 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th
October – 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th
November – 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd
December – TBC
Fertility Meditation Location
Online in the comfort of your home or;
- Come join our small, intimate group (up to 11 people). We are based on the border of Putney and Wandsworth, SW18
All meditations are recorded onto mp3 and given out to each student to listen to during the week. (No video/no visual recording, just audio)
How to book your Fertility Meditation Session
Simply click payment the button below to book your place and we’ll be in touch with full details
- £25.00 per hour + take home the recording from the night
- £199.00 for a 10 class pass valid for 3 months
- You can join the fertility meditations live online and also receive the recording for only £7.50
- We have a 48 hour cancellation policy
What others say about Awakening Fertility Meditations
“Fiona’s Awakening Fertility Meditations are the most enjoyable aspect to my life… I’m not kidding! I genuinely look forward to listening to them in the evening to deeply relax me, help me sleep and allow my fertility to improve naturally. The staff at the clinic noticed a positive change to my lining in just a few weeks!”
– Jane Hendricks, Clapham, London
“I was unable to go ahead with my IVF procedure until my cysts cleared. With Fiona’s meditations I cleared them in 4 weeks. Not only are they effective at healing my body I feel sooooooooo good afterwards.”
– Mandy Chetthier, Kingston, London
“I love Fiona’s group meditations and am so excited that this year Fiona’s making them available live online. I’ll be joining the group online so I don’t have the hassle of commuting. I have experienced the Awakening Fertility meditations online as part of my fertility program and found it just as powerful so I’m sure you will too!”
– Sandra Montgomery, North London
How to Practice Mindfulness at Home:
Fiona Boulton is a Fertility Specialist (an expert in her field since 2007) and world leader in fertility meditation. Through her programmes, Fiona helps navigate major transitions to detox your mind (and body) to help you effectively ‘think yourself fertile.’ The Awakening Fertility programmes offer an easy and enjoyable fertile lifestyle that can help you to experience faster fertility success naturally or to facilitate IVF/assisted fertility protocols.
Fiona is the founder of Awakening Fertility – Harley Street (Harley Street Fertility Clinic), London; Concept Fertility Putney; Chichester, West Sussex and Perth, Australia
- Huffington Post Fertility Writer
- Fertility Coach
- Fertility Support Group Co-ordinator for Harley Street Fertility Clinic and Infertility Network UK
- Nutrition Counsellor
- Public Speaker
- QiYoga® Founder
- Fertility Yoga Teacher Trainer (RYS 200)
- Fertile Lifestyle Motivator
- Fertility Support Group Facilitator
- Fertility Practitioner Training Co-ordinator
Through Fiona’s “transformation guaranteed” Fertile Lifestyle courses, Fiona helps navigate major transitions to detox your mind and body to help you effectively ‘think yourself fertile’; to change the map your mind has of your body and therefore change your physiology by clearing mental and emotional blockages to having your baby. Fiona’s work focuses on you taking back control by changing the internal and external environment of your cells so you can improve chances of fertility success.
Book your fertility consultation where you can learn to meditate for fertility and other fertile lifestyle tips either from the comfort of your home or come to the Harley Street Fertility Clinic for a transformative session with Fiona Boulton, here.